1. Anatomic evaluation of the Uterus ( Saline sonogram, HSG, or Hysteroscopy) to rule out fibroids, polyps, and congenital anomalies of the uterus.
2. Blood Chromosome analyses on both partners in order to rule out a chromosomal translocation in the parents. Please review the genetic section of our web site www.geneticsandfertility.com
3. Antiphospholipid antibody tests and Lupus anticoagulant.
4. A general health screen to rule out diabetes, medical problems, or thyroid problems.
5. An endometrial biopsy to rule out chronic inflammation of the womb.
6. Luteal phase progesterone levels.
Despite a thorough evaluation, many patients’ tests do not identify a specific causes. These patients may benefit from IVF with pre-implantation genetic screening of the embryos prior to implantation or reassurance that all that can be tested has been tested.
Best wishes to all.